While it may seem like it, creating an office doesn’t end with the acquisition of a commercial property as it merely serves as the bone or the skeletal foundation. It needs additional work for the structure to turn into an effective and efficient productive haven.
Now the job is easier said than done and we all know that this will take both time and resources to come into reality. So to make things even the tiniest bit easier, we’ve gathered the professionals to come up with the following list of tips to turning a commercial property into a bonafide productive workspace.
- Illuminate the space. It’s important to invest in the right type of fixtures as productivity can be hampered by the lack or excess of light. Depending on how a certain room is to be utilized, the type and number will vary. As a general tip, opt for large glass windows and doors to allow as much natural light as possible.
- Add a personal stamp. Nothing beats the effect of corporate culture in the office in terms of work and productivity. This is why it pays to ensure that the space is designed in such a way that it reflects not just the brand but also the organization’s vision and values.
- Allow enough space. Mobility and accessibility may seem like obvious requisites in the office but many companies fail to value these. Cramped spaces and underutilized rooms not only eat up floor area but they too can pose risks to injury and accident as well as lower productivity and creativity levels.
- Invest in smart storage solutions. Most commercial properties come as blank canvases so it pays to analyze the space and learn how to incorporate the right type and amount of storage units and systems. This ensures that everything is kept, has their place, can be found in a pinch and are preserved.
- Create the habit of organization. While filing and labeling may seem like boring tasks, they do wonders in keeping the office tidy and making it easier for everyone to find what needs finding.
- Nourish creativity. There are many ways by which organizations can nurture the innovation and creativity of employees through their commercial property. The use of color and patterns for instance are the cheapest and easiest options and we don’t just mean walls. Even the tiniest of details can create an environment that makes work feel leas like work and a space where people want to bounce off ideas, create, produce and enjoy. Because really, boring is out.